Ron Paul Signs ‘Numbers USA’ Pledge to Oppose Amnesty and Secure America’s Borders
“The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all.”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 4, 2008
ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – Today, Republican presidential candidate and Texas Congressman Ron Paul signed the Numbers USA pledge. The pledge reaffirms Congressman Paul’s longstanding opposition to amnesty and support for securing the borders.
Dr. Paul has introduced a six-point plan to deal with the current illegal immigration problem. On the subject, he has said: “The talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all.”
Congressman Paul has received the endorsements of many groups and leaders that oppose illegal immigration. A list of such endorsements can be found at: www.ronpaul2008.com/endorsements
Below is the Numbers USA pledge:
I pledge to oppose amnesty or any other special path to citizenship for the millions of foreign nationals unlawfully present in the United States. As President, I will fully implement enforcement measures that, over time, will lead to the attrition of our illegal immigrant population. I also pledge to make security of our borders a top priority of my administration.
Numbers USA includes six points of understanding as to what the pledge means and what it entails:
1. The 12 million illegal aliens now here will have to go home.
2. They will not get any legal status while here that allows them to remain long-term.
3. Once in their home countries, they may apply for re-admittance to the U.S. as immigrants, visitors or temporary workers through normal channels.
4. But they will not receive any special privileges on the basis of their having been in the U.S. illegally, such as being put to the front of a line.
5. There will be no new categories or programs through which they may re-enter.
6. There will not be an expansion of green cards in any existing categories that will speed up their movement to the front of the line.